- The Security Department Dispatch is responsible for issuing alarm codes for district buildings. Alarm codes will only be issued at the request of the building principal/director or their designee. The principal/director or designee should fill out the Alarm code request form. District sites are to fill out the form and call security department immediately when an employee leaves employment in their building in order for the alarm code to be deleted.
- District Policy: All staff will notify security dispatch prior to entering a building after normal working hours or on weekends, holidays and breaks.
- If you do not have an alarm code and wish entry into a building you will need to show your district identification card before a security officer will let you into the building.
- If there is no security officer on duty and you do not have an alarm code for the building, you can respond to APS dispatch in ESC1 and show your district identification and when you respond back to your site, you are to call security so the alarm system can be remotely disarmed.
Proxy Access Disks
- The Security Department is responsible for issuing proxy access disks for district employees. Proxy access will only be issued at the request of the building principal/director or their designee. The principal/director or designee should fill out the Proxy Disk Request form for all disks requests. Please include the employees name, ID number, job title and school they are authorized to have access to.
- Please note that when an employee transfers to a new site, their proxy disk is to remain with the employee and not be taken by the school or support site. When an employee leaves the district the disk should be taken from the school or support site on their last day.
- All schools are required to perform Emergency Procedures Drills each year in order for staff and students to be informed regarding what steps to follow should there be an actual emergency.
- After drills are performed, school Secretaries or designees must enter drill details and information on the Google form managed by the Security Office. Click here to access the School Drill data submission Google form.
Lockdown and Secure Perimeter Drill Requirements:
- One Lockdown Drill
- One Secure Perimeter Drill
Fire and Tornado Drill Requirements:
- Ten fire drills, including a hazardous materials safety drill
- One Tornado Drill
- All lockdown and secure perimeter drills must be completed by October 1, 2018.
- All fire drills must be completed by May 1, 2019.
- All tornado drills must be completed by April 1, 2019.
- Fire evacuations caused by false alarms or drills conducted by the Aurora Fire Department do not count as an official fire drill.
Please contact APS Security Dispatch at ext. 28484, prior to conducting any emergency procedure drill.